Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Reminisce Over YOU sometimes…


We were like the hood Cleopatra & Nefertiti…
Remember how we were so different from EVERYBODY else???
We looked different. We dressed different. We WERE DIFFERENT.
We rocked shit that other people were afraid to, hadn't heard of (or) simply could not afford.
We was Neiman Marcus adorned with Louie Vuittons (REAL… NOT KNOCK-OFFS) …
My brother made fun of your vintage pill box hat with the rattlesnake head on it cuz you didn't think they had drained the poison out the fangs… The wind blew it off your head & the teeth got caught in the back of my cashmere sweater… He said you was try'na kill me on the cool…
You worked on your body & I worked on my music EVERYDAY…
They gawked at your THIGHS (move over Beyonce)& thought my HAIR wasn't REAL…
Catz said we both was the exact same color as East Texas Red Dirt…
I was the ONLY kid in the hood who's hair was being styled by "Vicki McGruder" (R.I.P. ~ Essence Magazine did a write-up on on her cuz she was that COLD!!!) & whenever Prince came down here to do a concert she loaned him her Banana Yellow Rolls Royce… Nobody in Dallas is that notorious of a Stylist since her ~ except for Master Braidist "Isis"...
We were so NAUGHTY for knowing how A-U-T-O-Matic could make ANY guy OBEY…
What about the old ladies that use to say we was… "FAST"???
I always wanted to sit with them on their porches soaking up their wisdom… Craving KNOWLEDGE…
How your conversation alone got 70-year old "Caucasian John" to purchase you that full length MINK COAT…
Just how many corners did we cut in his Cadillac???
The Japanese Restaurant that served us "Shark Fin" on a platter… I still don't know how two girls could eat $300 worth of food… just sampling & taste testing & thangs…
The "Spending Money" he made sure we kept in our designer bags…
We had so much FUN!!!
I know I wasn't suppose to be sitting up all night partying with players from The Dallas Mavericks @ the Rastas Crib… I was just a teen… I kept giggling & telling him he looked just like the picture of the Lion that was hanging on his wall…
Lucy & Ethel… Ditzy, Dingy & Goofy as hell… I always attract Smart Crazy Ass People for some reason hunh??? (Birds of A Feather… LoL!!!)
I almost forgot about the obsessed guy with the camara that followed me around all the time downtown taking my picture… He didn't know that YOU was the Model not ME…
Your PORTFOLIO was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!
What about when Bootsy Collins gave me a big kiss & advised me that I probably should get out of Dallas & maybe move to Atlanta if I wanted to make it in the industry… I wonder if I should'a listened…
You loved my big sister in law who taught me "The Game"… she could make us laugh all day… She would braid ol' girls hair that sung backup for John Cougar Mellancamp & I'd sit there for hours just questioning her down about living a Rock & Roll life…
Thrifting… Antiques, Vintage & Retro like Greta Garbo & Marilyn Monroe…
That Christmas Eve sack of "pale green with red hairs"… I have NEVER had none better… NEVER!!! We Laughed till Christmas Day…
Remember that old man with the Lean House in South D???
The Fake ID's & The After Hours…
We never understood what it was about us that ALWAYS made heads turn upon entering a room…
Never had a clue what interested the "Stalker Obsessive Types" to us…
Naive… Thank God We Had Protection… (Click Click POW!!!)
WOW!!!
I could run like a cheetah in some 4 inch heels though… Thatz Skills…
"Superfly" drove you around in that Excalibur & y'all looked like Bonnie & Clyde in that ride…
Its weird cuz I always thought he was the one with the dark side…
I never suspected it would be the "nice" one who took your virginity to take my best friend away from me… FOREVER.
None of us will ever know what really happened on that final night…
I KNOW I learned what "A Wolf In Sheeps Clothing" meant after that…
He told the law y'all wrestled with the gun & it accidentally went OFF…
While I slept that night, the fragrance of the perfume you bought for me engulfed the room…
Quickly… I felt a cool crisp wisp, sorta like a soft breeze blow over me as I lay there sleep… I could feel you standing there by the glass bottle on my built in dresser… All I could whisper was I LOVE YOU, I'm Scared & May Your Soul Rest In Peace…
I Reminisce Over YOU sometimes…
Damn… I REALLY MISS YOU…

1 comment:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i hope i will be considered wise one day